Thursday, January 8, 2009

1/8/09

PM:
Went out for a bike ride and hit up Mole Hill again on the way to Hopkins Gap, where we went up the back side - about 3 miles of false flat and then 1/2 mile or so of steeper grade - and descended the front side. Cory and Joe climbed the front side 4 times, a feat I could sadly only repeat 3 times. Towards the end of the ride my legs definitely felt the climbing, something I really haven't done since spring of senior year. The last time I rode mountains had to be in training camp of that same year, which was on the same mountains we are riding now. The ride totaled just under 3 hours, which felt crazy long considering the lack of true time I've spent in the saddle. All of this is of course geared towards completing this course in around (but preferably under) 2 hours and 30 minutes (the elevation profile is pretty conducive to this goal thankfully...)

No comments: