Monday, January 5, 2009

1/5/09

PM:
Ran an easy 6 with a bunch of people. Although it really didn't feel that easy. It was still conversation pace, so I guess that makes it ok. My running has been so inconsistent these past 2 weeks that I think it ends up hurting my body's ability to get into any sort of rhythm. Of course, I'm likely over analyzing and my body doesn't give a crap about how many days a week I run but who knows...maybe I'm right.

Picked up my new bike frame today and it is so sweet looking. I'm really, really excited to get it put together when I get back from camp in 2 weeks. It's going to end up costing more money than I really planned to spend on a 'new' bike but I think it'll be worth it because this is going to be a very nice bike. The only thing that I'll look to improve on it in the coming year or two is race wheels, most likely. I kinda wish I still had those Zipp 303's and that I didn't sell them for staggeringly less than what they were worth 3 years ago. I could probably sell those right now for more than I did then if I was smart about it. Oh well. Hindsight is 20/20.

So the goal is to turn this:
into this:
(except without the sweet wheels, although my crankset is better than this one, plus it's black carbon to match the rest of the bike)

Obviously, if you know me, I get pretty excited about bikes and this one is no exception.

No comments: