Saturday, January 17, 2009

1/17/09

AM:
I set my alarm clock for 7am in anticipation of meeting up at Caribou Coffee at 8am to leave for a trail run this morning. Well, that 7am alarm woke me up and I decided to go back to sleep and forgo the run and instead just sleep more. My body didn't want me to be lazy though, as I then woke up at 7:45 and decided to get my butt on the move down to Kings Mountain Park. I had an 'oatmeal on the go' bar for breakfast, which is only ~200 calories, so I was little worried that the 2 hour trail run might prove very hard due to a lack of energy. Luckily, that was not the case.

We made it through ~15 miles in just over 2 hours and I felt pretty good almost the whole time. Unfortunately, after I stopped I realized how many sore muscles and joints I had. I rolled my ankles 10+ times so they were sore. My quads and calves were sore from all the climbing. My hamstrings were a little sore from jumping over creeks. My lower back was sore from all the times I almost fell but managed to catch myself. My knees were a little sore because the trail was so hard due to its frozen-ness.

Other than that though, it felt great. My breathing was fine the whole time and I never felt especially labored.

No comments: