Saturday, February 14, 2009

2/14/09

Yesterday and today were filled with two joyous 20 mile bike rides. Joyous might be too strong of an adjective actually. They were, however, nice.

Yesterday's was on the trainer; I watched the first episode of season one of "The Wire," a show I've been meaning to get into for a long time. I'm pretty excited as I have a bunch of seasons of what is supposed to be great television ahead of me. Not a bad deal.

Today's ride was outside...it was a tad bit chilly but I was semi-appropriately dressed so I was comfortable after about 10 minutes of riding. I kept it really easy - at times I looked down and my HR was at 120 going 22-24 mph (that depends on the terrain of course, but still) - with a nice high cadence so I was pleased with that active recovery effort. Next week I'll finally be able to get back to some swimming, once I take my stitches out, which is exciting. Big bike rides coming tomorrow and Monday (7.5-8 hours total, most likely).

1 comment:

pop ramblings said...

finally on the wire, good man. you are in for a load of awesome.