2010 Year in Review
Total Yards Swimming: 483,506 yards -> 2009 = 358,615 (+35%)
Total Miles Cycling: 6,714 miles -> 2009 = 6,821 (-2%)
Total Miles Running: 1,803 miles -> 2009 = 1,358 (+33%)
Average Weekly Yards: 9,300 yards
Average Weekly Bike: 129 miles
Average Weekly Run: 34.6 miles
Total Hours: 730 hours
Weekly Hours: 14:00 hours
1) Set a half-marathon PR of 1:21:29, mostly due to the fact that I had never raced a half before
2) Set a marathon PR of 2:58:55 on a tough-as-a-mother course also due to the reasons above
3) Improved half-ironman PRs (on same course as 2009's races) to 4:21:51 (4:49:00) and 4:23:33 (4:33:58) at NOLA 70.3 and WL Half, respectively.
4) Won my first two (and only two of 2010) bike races since College on the same night, garnering an astounding prize purse of 100 big ones. That same night, I rediscovered how badly I could make my legs hurt, twice!
5) DNF'd my first Ironman (and biggest race thus far) at Louisville, KY. I've said it before, but that really sucked. The rest of my year was kind of a letdown despite some good performances. Motivation was low.
6) Won my first race: Cane Creek (Try Sports Developmental Series). That was a fun race, no matter how I placed.
7) Competed in my first multi-day triathlon event with Woody, Fletch and Lisska and completed an Ironman (with extra swimming, gross) at White Lake. While the locale was not ideal for multiple attempts the race was a lot of fun (but only in hindsight).
8) Discovered that I love swimming. Sort of. With certain conditions. Depending on the day. Potentially dependent on how fast I'm going that day.
9) Set several bike split benchmarks of 2:15:57 for the 56 mile half-ironman distance and 58:03 for the almost 40k distance (NOLA and Stumpy Creek).
10) Improved half-ironman run split by about 5 minutes to 1:32:17 from 1:37:34 (both at NOLA actually).
11) Compiled an amazing year in review list
Soon to follow: Part II will be "Where I stand right now?!"