Sunday, February 14, 2010

Olympics!

With the 2010 Winter Olympics beginning this week a lot of fuel has been added to the fire.  It's too bad I can't relate that well to any of the sports they're playing but it still looks really cool and any competition is bound to get my juices flowing.  So far the coolest moment has definitely been Hannah Kearney's gold medal in the moguls.  The last woman to go with everything on the line and she comes through big.  While I can't relate to that I can certainly admire it.

S: 5,000
B: 163 mi
R: 53

Time: 17.5 hrs


I only swam twice this week as I continue to try and recover from my bout with greediness in the pool.  The first swim this week felt pretty terribly but the second one wasn't nearly as bad.  Both were pretty laid back so it's hard to get a real good indication of where I am right now but it's certainly better than nothing.

I got in a little over 5 hours on the trainer and in spin classes this week before a long ride this Sunday outdoors on a beautiful and chilly day.  I felt pretty strong, which was a very pleasant surprise.

The running this week was pretty awesome.  Well, not really but what does it matter.  The important race this year is IM Louisville so it's important to not get caught up in tempo runs and fartleks and hill repeats, etc.  While it would be nice to bang out a bunch of great run workouts it's more important to bang out a good marathon in August.  February is still early.

No comments: