Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Trying to toot my own horn, but likely failing

I was just perusing my training log and since I'm coming up on (close to) one year of regular exercise - at first running but then biking and later swimming - I thought it would be interesting to look at what I've accomplished in that time span. Speaking purely in terms of hours and miles/yards (later on in the year I'll list some performance accomplishments that I think are noteworthy...and I'm sure it's only me who thinks so)

Since January 1st, 2008

- I have swam 97,000 yards (just under 59 miles) averaging just over 2,000 yards/week (but that is only since July or so, which skews that stat a bit). That's the equivalent of 3880 laps in a "short course" pool (25 yards per length). That's a s***load of laps and it's a) not even that many for a triathlete and b) not even a half-year's worth.

- I have biked 1,334 miles, averaging just under 29/week. The bike miles will definitely have to increase in 2009.

- I ran 1,703 miles, averaging 35.5 per week. Haha, I think it's funny that I have run more than I biked in the past 11 months. Kind of sad. My average run has been 6.5 miles (paltry). Keep in mind, however that I rarely run more than 6 times per week and have taken (combined) several weeks off for injuries and/or down time. Not too bad.

I don't feel particularly beat up, but it does make me a little tired looking at all that. Funny, because relatively speaking it's not a very high amount of training. I'm sure, if things go according to plan, that 2009 will be more intense.

No comments: