Monday, February 20, 2012

Weekly recap # who knows

S - 17000 yards
B - 262 miles
R - 51.3 miles

Time - 26.87 hours

This week involved 2 ascents of Mt Lemmon (only 1 of which was successful), 7 days of bike riding, the first true enjoyment of swims, some ups and downs (literally and figuratively) and a lot of awesomeness.

This was my seventh week of good, consistent volume so far this year.  I'm not especially fast but I am very strong and very durable.  Meaning that if you and I are out on a four hour ride I will blow you up the last 60-90 minutes if I want to ;)

I'm still in Arizona, although these next weeks will see me staying with Brian who has generously offered a "homestay" for the remained of my train-cation.  This coming weekend will be a slight departure from normal training on Sunday to attend Cervelo's Brainbike from Sunday PM through Tuesday PM where the dealers will get to learn firsthand from the engineers the philosophies and technical details that go into building Cervelos (more specifically, the ridiculously awesome P5).  I can't wait to see one in person.  Anyway, I'm not feeling very interesting at the moment so this post will remain pretty boring.

I could go into detail about how much amazing stuff Moose and I did; I could post a bunch of awesome pictures but I don't really want to make anyone jealous.  I'll leave you with a couple of videos instead.  The first is a brief clip of our first attempt up Mt Lemmon, the second is cresting the "peak" on Mccain Loop Rd and looking down into the valley.  The videos are both shaky; I apologize.


No comments: