Monday, October 17, 2011

No training update

I'm not going to talk about training at all in this installment of my weekly updates!  Well, unless talking about not talking about training means I'm talking about training I guess.  I've been in Santa Barbara for a week now and am enjoying myself thoroughly.  It's important to note that my hostess is one of the best people - ever - so that makes things easier.  On that note, I just wanted to add how thankful I am of everyone around me (well, not everyone).  A super awesome and fast roommate; amazing training partners that make fun of me constantly - which only spurs me to get faster to let my legs do the comebacks; great supporters but most especially Bob and Melissa; super duper parents who encourage me every day to follow my dreams even if my dad makes fun of me for shaving my legs and my mom laughs at my aversion to arm pit hair; three brothers that are each very different but equally happy to encourage me blindly (since they don't really get it but hey, they're younger and dumber, right?) and an extended family that does nothing but send good vibes and messages.  Last but certainly not least (insofar as I can think of at the moment) a great coach who is honest yet encouraging.  He doesn't sugar coat it; nor would I want him to.

I'd be remiss if I failed to mention how happy I am to have all these people in my life and I don't want to gush but I'm pretty lucky to be where I am and it wouldn't be possible without all the help I get from everyone out there.  My racing isn't over yet this year but I'm sure that it will go fine and I'll be happy with the result no matter what.  I'm also sure that I will have fun no matter what.  Because otherwise, what's the point?

No comments: