Sunday, December 6, 2009

Please restart

Recovery is awesome. The past month has been ALL about trying to get healthy and refreshed after B2B. At this point I would have to say I've been successful.

The first three weeks were "no running allowed." I wanted to stay off my legs and see if I could put myself back together so I could run again. Mission accomplished. Besides the first 22 years of my life where I didn't train for running the 3 weeks was the longest break I've ever had. I instead focused on swimming, a LOT. For the past 4 weeks I've managed to hold just over 10,000 yards/week. That's DEFINITELY a career high for me. I definitely have seen some improvement but as a recent video session shows I've got a lot of room for technical improvements to my stroke.

This week was finally about running again. I started off a little gingerly just because I was a little scared but with the combination of some new shoes that I love and some patience the week has ended quite well with a nice 10 mile run to celebrate...nothing. Running again maybe.

My plans for the next month are really just about swimming and running a lot. I'd like to bump up the swimming to around 12,000/week and the run will be a steady increase that goes something like this: 20, 30, 40, 35, 45, 50, 55, 45, 60, 65, 70, and then just see how high I can go in the amount of time that I have.

No comments: