Sunday, December 27, 2009

Almost twenty ten

When you need a week of rest and recovery, the best thing to do (by far) is to...go home.  For the most part I haven't felt any urgency to work out while I've been at home and that is good as I think I really needed an easy week from all the swimming I've been doing.  While I love improving I do not love shoulder injuries.  I do not think I am alone in that sentiment either...

I did log my best week of running since...August-ish probably so that was certainly a positive thing.  I've started recovering faster after each run and feeling a lot smoother, the two of which combine to really mean nothing other than the fact that I can tell myself I'm getting better.  I did, however, come across my first running related annoyance: the blood blister.  A blood blister is about as exciting as a fever on Christmas.  Oh well, it will go away (maybe)...

I'm flying back to Charlotte on Wednesday so I'll probably get back on a more regular schedule with regard to my swimming.  I'm excited about the possibilities the 2010 season has laying in wait...

No comments: