Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ouch ouch my leg

So my running definitely took a hit this week after my long run on Tuesday that ended so dramatically (the recovery from said long run actually).

Sometimes it's hard to explain how it feels to not believe that your body is at 100%. Right now I can't even imagine what it feels like to run pain free. That's about as exciting as a new pair of pants. For some reason running is my favorite thing to be good at (that's of course assuming that I AM actually good at it... Big assumption) so it kind of sucks to no longer be able to do it as regularly as I want to... Oh well. This week I'm going to try out some short easy runs just to see if I can back into some kind of a groove.

Biking has been going awesomely. That's been a trend through this training block and that actually IS exciting. I've been able to string together good long rides. I'm hoping that this trend continues because B2B is a race where the bike course can be taken advantage of big time.

Swimming has been good no doubt about that. Too bad B2B is a race where the swim is the LEAST portabt part of the race. Oh well, it is what it is.

This weekend I'll get in two 100+ mile rides on Saturday and Sunday and that will mark my last BIG weekend on the bike.

I'm hesitant to be too excited about this race be ause of my leg issues but I feel like I can tear this bike course apart. Time will tell

No comments: