Monday, September 21, 2009

Rest Week!

After feeling great following last week's workouts the timing was perfect for this rest week to recharge and make sure I'm feeling top notch before the next 4 weeks (which will be the hardest 4 weeks I've ever done!).

S: 4550
B: 130
R: 26.5

Technically I missed all of my weekly targets swimming (6000), biking (140), and running (29) but in all three cases it wasn't because I was tired it was because something else got in the way. I actually felt GREAT on my long ride on Sunday (70 miles with a good bit of very intense sections) that was part of a group ride out of south Charlotte with a bunch of roadies.

On the other side of things I've been dealing with some minor arch pain (plantar precursors) that seems manageable and doesn't affect my running; I have also felt some IT band pain similar to what I went through last year. At least, as far as the IT pain goes, I know what I'm dealing with and how to keep it mostly under control.

The next week sees an 18 mile long run on Tuesday and a 120 mile ride on Sunday (almost certainly by myself as almost every one I know will be down in Augusta, GA for the 70.3). Woo. Hoo.

No comments: