Monday, September 14, 2015

Those creative juices

It's interesting, but predictable, that my blogging has almost completely slacked off since we last spoke.  Or rather, since I last talked and you pretended to listen...

In the past I've managed to maintain a healthy hobby practice, a healthy workplace practice, AND a healthy blog.  This year, however, things have been a bit different.

Insofar as triathlon is concerned, the most important 4 weeks in my year are now upon us (well - me really - but I'm making this include you too).  It is officially race week for XTERRA USA Championships in Ogden, Utah.

I am truly, deeply excited for this race.  Very rarely do I get the opportunity to travel to cool destinations (this is self-imposed, obviously) because the attraction of the race does not surmount the cost of travel.  This time is different, as the desire to compete on a national level in the XTERRA world is very high for me right now.

Here are some awesome things about XTERRA:

1) Race start time - this weekend the race starts at 9am! 9AM!! A race where you don't have to wake up at 3am to eat breakfast and be out the door by 4:30?? SIGN ME UP.

2) Amazing views

XTERRA USA (Ogden, UT)
XTERRA Hawaii
XTERRA Richmond (oh wait, this probably doesn't encourage participation/excitement...)
3) Shorter races

Let's be honest: the length of an IM is just silly. We are all mature people reading this, right? We can all come to a general consensus like the rational people that we are and conclude that 140.6 miles is just too far.

Those are three "pros" that jump to the top of my head.  So all of that is to say that I'm very excited to head out to Utah on Friday.  My bff from college Jeremy will be meeting me out there so hopefully we can have a great time out at elevation.

No comments: