Monday, October 21, 2013

Three weeks of #GTWD

9/30 - 10/6
S - 3,500 yards
B - 185.8 miles
R - 26.6 miles
Time - 13.99 hours

10/7 - 10/13
S - 9,700 yards
B - 243.4 miles
R - 55.1 miles
Time - 21.16 hours

10/14 - 10/20
S - 14,000 yards
B - 218.1 miles
R - 63.0 miles
Time - 23.28 hours

Whew, it's been a while since I've given all the fans out there a sweet, sweet update on the training I've been doing.  Three whole weeks since my last, as a matter of fact.  So let's get started.

The first week above was the post-Carolina Half recovery and get back into training week.  I was fairly sore and tired most of the weekdays and in hindsight I think I let myself get a little dehydrated on the latter parts of the bike and run and when that combined with the hillyacious run it made me quite a bit more sore than I have been in the past half-recovery-weeks.  Alas, these things happen.  Luckily I recovered well and got back into some sweet, sweet training.

To the left is a runway and to the right is the interstate; but you'd never know it by this pic!




The highlight would be last weekend where Tim, Jenny and myself all took a trip down to Charleston, SC to see how amazing flat-land training can be.  175 miles on the bike in 2 days @ 22mph and you get a pretty good idea of how nice it is to have a hill every once in a while.  We also had the great opportunity to test out our wetsuits and our sweet dolphin diving skills in the ocean on Sunday before leaving.  Tim and myself had a grand ol' time looking stupid while Jenny graciously caught it all on camera.  Winners.

My swim fitness and motivation has been relatively lacking of late and all three of these weeks showcase that nicely.  When I am at masters I am sometimes only half-way there and that is apparent in both my times and my mind.  Other than that, however, I've managed to put in some great running and some almost-great biking.  The weeks add up and consistency is king so the number one goal over the next month (and more) is to continue to get in the workouts.  Even if they don't go so well, just get. them. done.

No comments: