Monday, December 5, 2011

More typed word garbage!

Given that I'm still not training very much (although I have been quite consistent for the past month with my 4-5 runs of 30ish minutes, 2 bike rides of an hour-ish, and 2 swims of 1500ish yards a week plan) I think it's important to address some issues.  The main issue being my lack of finishing off my favorite music from a week or so ago.

As an aside, I think it's interesting how much of a lack of creativity I feel like I have lately.  Not saying that I'm normally creative, but the dearth of creative juices that I'm currently experiencing has me at a loss for words.

Pause.

That was an AMAZING pun.

Resume.

One of the funniest parts of working for Habitat back in the day (so, about 2-3 years ago) was my supervisor and his accent.  He was born and raised in NC (Hickory, to be specific) and his accent was extremely amusing.  It wasn't over the top but when he figured out that we loved making fun of him for some of the inflections he had with certain words then it quickly escalated into over the top-ness.  One of the words he liked using was "cull."   This word is appropriate for the current story (but you have to wait for it...) because of the way in which it was used; Charles would tell us that when we were "bahyin lumber it's importunt to cuhhhllll the wuhd."  So we made sure to choose the best pieces (straightest and truest) other wise he'd give us sh*t for it.  If you don't really make sure, you can go to Home Depot and Lowe's and buy some wood that's absolutely worthless from a building standpoint.

Anyway, I feel like as you try and write stuff (eloquent, I know) you pick and choose between anecdotes, essays, short stories and/or asides (and other such fancy sounding words to describe fairly mundane things) you must also eliminate the crap stuff.  So, in effect, you're culling your usable database as time goes on until at some point, you're left with nada!  Maybe I've reached that point, so sad.  For everyone :(

Now, more importantly:


I've never been a huge country fan, and by that what I really mean is that I never pirated country music from the internet to add to my collection (nor did I buy it).  That's not because I didn't "like" the music per se, it was more that I never went to the trouble to listen to it and develop any appreciate for it.  Now, that being said, I still don't listen to it all that much but a couple of songs have recently been brought to my attention that make me laugh.  I don't really "train" to this song because I don't really think country music is great "training music" but it's on the "workout playlist" so it comes up every now and then.  Unfortunately for our boy Walker, the rest of his music is a little hit or miss (mostly miss) but this song is great simply because of its refrain and the message it espouses.  "She can wear the pants as long as I can take 'em off her."  Boom.


While many Metallica songs could be on just about anyone's workout list, this one is my favorite simply because of it's intro.  What's NOT to like about an epic combination of bells, distorted electric guitar, drums, and shouting!!  Well, I guess I didn't sell that particularly well but nonetheless, this song rocks my face off.


To continue the heavy metal trend, this is a less well-known song from the German group (singers of such classics as "Du Hast" and "Freur Frie" or something like that) that I think is making fun of American globalization.  I don't really know because the song is in German and I've never taken the time to look it up in Wikipedia.  That's not necessarily a bad thing since ignorance is usually bliss.  I really like the first 5 seconds of this video; it reminds me a little bit of the movie "Matrix" and all the bullet-time slo-mo shots or the "300" sequences where it's slow motion speeding up to normal FPS; it adds up to a cool effect.


This song is just a classic.  The foreshadowing done in this old-school song is nothing short of Nostradamus epic-scale conspiracy scariness.  I'm exaggerating for effect, but you get to do that when you write your own blog.  The song has a slow build up but gradually it becomes a super awesome beat that will really get your blood moving.  No, I am really not kidding.

So there's four more songs to whet your appetites and encourage some good music listening for when one needs to be all kinds of jacked up!

No comments: