Sunday, February 22, 2009

2/22/09

Week Summary:
1850 yds swimming in :38 - 8% of total time
80.1 miles biking in 4:05 - 49%
35.9 miles running in 3:34 - 43%

2 Run workouts (Steady State on Tuesday and Tempo on Thursday) kept the intensity pretty high this week, at least for the run. The rest of the week was a mix of laziness and the weather not being so ideal. When the time change comes in the next couple of weeks, it will be time to start hitting the bike pretty hard at least once a week. I've also GOT to get to the pool more often. That lack of swim prep will KILL me before New Orleans 70.3 and any chance I have at qualifying for age group nationals at Festival of Flowers in June.

That being said, I feel very strong on the bike with pretty much exclusively base training so far...maybe one 'workout' in the books over the past 7 weeks in which I've averaged 160 miles on the bike per week.

First race is this coming Saturday, the Charlotte Long Course Duathlon out at the Whitewater Center just outside of Charlotte. I've been looking forward to this race for a long time, not because I think I'm going to do especially well but because I love to race! Duh. Plus, there are several people I know doing the race and it will be nice to see how much effect my training has had on my fitness. 4 mile run, 30 mile bike, 4 mile run. Should be awesome.

No comments: