Sunday, February 15, 2009

2/15/09

71.1 miles on the bike in the bank today. Really, really solid pace on this larger (20ish people) group ride out west of Charlotte. I had one particular pull in the beginning that was a good effort (like, 20k TT effort) that hurt a bit and consequently kept my HR a little higher than what my RPE was the rest of the ride. Also had a similar pull later on in the ride at a slightly lower effort but with fatigued legs; that felt pretty good. It was nice to be able to push the pace even 50+ miles into a ride. I was thinking about a run after but I didn't fuel very well on the bike and my run mileage was right in line with the past 5 weeks already (read in between the lines: I was a wuss) so I decided to opt out of that. I did get in some tennis later in the afternoon though and was surprised by the amount of energy I had left. I didn't expect that.

No comments: