Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Carry water, chop wood.

S - 17,000 yards
B - 271.1 miles
R - 45.4 miles

Time - 23.58 hours

Here's a sampling of what got me through this week of awesome:


I have a thing for female vocalists.  Especially attractive blonde ones like Ellie Goulding.


Add in a little not-too-over-the-top (ie Skrillex) dub step remix and voila, you have a great mixture.  This song is best listened to with a decent subwoofer (or subwoofers).  I would say that this song is best listened to in my man-van but unfortunately I have yet to re-install my subwoofer and supporting amp.  That being said, it still sounds awesome in the van because, let's face it, everything sounds better in a van.


Here's another song that mixes a little bit of the right stuff (Calvin Harris vocals) with a little bit of the oh-so-wrong stuff (dub step).  I almost hesitate to call this dub-step but with the mix of noise and strange synthetic, designed sound I'm sure most would call it such.  Nero does some pretty good stuff but can, at times, drift a little too far towards over-the-top.


Let's change tangents completely for this one.  Young the Giant has a couple of cool songs, this being my most recent favorite (check out "Apartment").  This song isn't quite the workout pump up do awesome stuff right now kind of song that the other two are, but it still satisfies the (sometimes) more important urge of actually listening to good music.

This next song got me through a 5600 LCM workout on Thursday (note: unfortunately not actually playing during the workout as the Aquatic Center has yet to install an underwater sound system; lame!).


Unfortunately, I really only know the refrain to this song so my laps would go something like:

Push off
"sweet dreams are made of these, who am I to disagree?"
"travelled the world and the seven seas, everybody's looking for somethin"

Push off
"sweet dreams are made of these..."

You get the picture...

Needless to say, the workout was a little boring at times.  That being said, I swam well.  But not THIS well


In my head I was certainly spitting out a wake behind me that washed all the way into the warm pool in the next room but as we all know, there CAN BE a discrepancy between what's going on in your head and what's actually going on...

I'm just happy that I don't have as much armpit hair as this guy


Because despite having a great, smooth stroke that is very enviable, that's just gross.

No comments: