Monday, July 26, 2010

Peak Build Week numero UNO

S: 10,500 yds
B: 241 mi
R: 42 mi

Time: 20.2 hours

I was super stroked as far as my swimming went this week.  I had two great swim workouts on Monday and Thursday but on the flip side the great workout on Thursday caused me to be tired and unmotivated to swim 2+ miles in Lake Norman on Friday morning and therefore didn't meet up with Fletch as we usually do.  I was hoping to get in one more swim on Sunday afternoon but it didn't end up happening.

I got in some fantastic biking this week; not just volume wise but some good intensity on Tuesday afternoon at the Inside Out ride where Scott, Donny and I dropped everybody else and forged along on our own.  Fletch, Behme and I banged out a great long ride on Saturday in the 100+ degree temperatures but held a nice, steady pace and continued on our positive trend of great long rides during this IM build.

Running was a bit of a mixed bag this week; my legs felt fine but I've been getting absolutely sick of running in this heat.  Consequently I switched to running inside on the treadmill at the Y for most of my runs (with the exception of a medium long run and the long run) and that was a welcome change but it's tough to do more than 4 miles on the treadmill as it gets pretty boring.  My long run on Sunday with Behme went really well; my legs felt really good and not at all tired from the ride the day before but at mile 17 I got sick of dealing with the heat and I decided to call it quits while Behme forged on relentlessly.  I guess there's something to be said for being older and wiser as I guess it also makes you tougher!

Next week will be another big week (12-15k in the pool, 250+ bike, 45-50 run) if things go well and that'll be it for high volume training this year! Y

No comments: