Sunday, September 13, 2009

Another long absence

Just because I haven't been blogging doesn't mean I haven't been training, no sir. I'm now 3 weeks into my training for Beach 2 Battleship iron-distance triathlon, which is both encouraging and discouraging at the same time seeing as I still have a long ways to go...

So far, my weeks have gone like this

8/24-8/30
S: 1500m (ouch)
B: 163mi
R: 28mi

I was in Louisville from Friday-Sunday so that restricted the training a little bit but it was AMAZING to spectate my first Ironman event. It was awesome to see everyone have such good races (Scott with a 9:55 first Ironman - crazy, Behme with a 10:08 that included a 15-18 minute flat tire mishap and Brad with a 10:3x PR)

8/31-9/6
S: 4500
B:183
R: 32

This week was another one for lackluster swimming yardage but I had good rides and hit every other target workouts; the main one being a 90 mile ride on Sunday (although I didn't feel amazing at the end of this ride; bonked a little bit sadly)

9/7-9/13
S: 7050
B: 164
R: 41

Missed one ride this week (40 miler) due to weather and wanting to make sure I was fully rested after feeling a bit beat up at the beginning of the week but other than that everything went really well including the 15 mile run on Tuesday and the 102 mile ride on Sunday (which felt spectacular actually)



I have a rest week coming up next and then I start hitting some really, really key workouts over the next month so it will be interesting to see how that goes.


Also started working at Bicycle Sport full time (40 hrs/week) which has been mostly a good time. Sales isn't really my strong suit but that just means I can only get better, right? I don't make a lot of money but I'm pretty content right now in terms of the current state of things so that's nothing to complain about (although more money would certainly be nice).


Also, I'm really hankering for one of these:

No comments: