Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Joker

Finding out that Heath Ledger passed away today was an extremely sad moment for me (and for his family I'd imagine) because one of the reasons I'm so excited about the "Dark Knight" is because his performance looks as though it's going to be absolutely outstanding. It seems as though the movie would have represented a giant step in his career and would put him in line for some huge and meaningful roles.

I'm not saying that "Brokeback Mountain" wasn't a big role because it definitely was; he deserved the Oscar nomination. It's just that "Brokeback" didn't really introduce how good of an actor he really is to the mainstream audience that "Dark Knight" will. I am a huge Christian Bale fan but I imagine it will be Heath Ledger that really steals the show in the upcoming (not soon enough) Batman flick.

RIP

No comments: