Monday, September 23, 2013

Another Week

S - 20,400 yards
B - 204.3 miles
R - 51.4 miles

Time - 22.83 hours

Well, that's it.  I've paid my money.  I have not officially been accepted into Ironman Cozumel 2013 but I have done my due process and am just waiting to here back from Pro Membership at Ironman.  That'll mean my first attempt at the distance since the summer of 2010.  I'm pretty excited about it.  I doubt I'll be quite as excited about it when I am training through the middle of November and pretty much everyone else will be done for the year (although it seems like most people have pretty much checked out at this point already anyway) and I'll still be going through December 1st.


This hasn't really influenced my training loads just yet but I've notched several great long runs under my belt recently and this week was no exception.  I had a two-hour aerobic run on Friday that went quite well (although I admittedly got pretty bored towards the end) that was a delicious slice of meat to my weekly running sandwich.



Carolina Half is next weekend and I am definitely excited about it, not necessarily because I plan on going very fast but more because it'll be somewhat of a home course and there will be lots of people I know out racing and (hopefully) spectating.

Also of note is the fact that I currently am at the top of the NCTS Season Standings.  Matt has just completed his 5th race, moving him into second place and only 180 points behind.  Luckily for me, Carolina Half is weighted fairly heavily so a mediocre race will likely still replace one of my less than stellar points races (OTM, Lake Hickory).  Hopefully this means I will win the NCTS for the first (and only) time! Only in the sense that I will not have it as a seasonal goal anymore.

No comments: