Monday, November 9, 2009

B2B Brief Summary

I didn't wear a watch and the results page is only showing splits for my T2 and run so the only times I don't know are swim and T1.

Swim: 50ish minutes
T1: 4ish minutes
Bike: 5:00:xx
T2: 4:56
Run: 4:11:xx

Swim was unbelievably fast. That swim might equate to a 1.8-2.0 mile swim tops due to the current. I'm not complaining. Unfortunately I've set an Iron-distance PR for the swim that I'll probably only ever top if I do this race again! I felt like I expended no energy on the swim and my arms were not sore at all upon exiting the water onto the docks.

T1 was uneventful albeit with a long run to the tent.

Bike was super fast through 80 miles (my 56 mile split was ~2:25) then we turned right onto Hwy 421 into a headwind for the duration of the ride. During that time I slowed down nutrition intake (bad news for the rest of the day).

T2 was uneventful. Came into the tent with Peter Kotland and we discussed how terrible the last 40 miles had been!

Run was everything a 4+ hour marathon can be: lots of walking, lots of mental and physical suffering, a lot of wanting to stop and mail it in, a lot of hoping for it to be over soon...

I'll do a more detailed race report later but suffice it to say that it was a spectacular experience. I can't wait to do it again!! Ironman Louisville 2010 here I come!

No comments: