Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ironman New Orleans 70.3 - April 5, 2009





No, it's not a full Ironman. I'm not ready for that kind of challenge. The 70.3 distance is much more realistic for me at this stage of my athletic "career."

It consists of a 1.2 mile swim (~1900m), 56 mile bike ride, and a 13.1 mile run. The swim is in Lake Ponchartrain (gross). The bike goes east from there on an out and back loop and the run takes you South towards downtown New Orleans finishing in Jackson square (pretty badass if you know the area).

A lot of effort will go into getting ready for this shebang, as I don't want to waste money (225 to register! yikes) and I want to really lay it all out there when I [hopefully] complete the race. I won't post any time goals for a while, but just know that they're ambitious. Which shouldn't be a surprise if you know me.

There are 2 slots for Ironman 70.3 World Championships available for 18-24 year olds. That'd be a fun prize, but I'm fairly sure that it's not very realistic, unfortunately.

No comments: